Architectural & Structural Engineering
CTCI REI devote in developing construction technology, intelligent management system and application interdisciplinary engineering methods to provide customers the best comprehensive and integrated services.
- The project site of CAPCO No.6 PTA PLANTThe project site of CAPCO Taichung Plant was backfilled by dredge sand from seabed. CAPCO constructed soil improvement of dynamic compaction and vibroflotation method in 2000, the efficiency was very excellent.
CAPCO expected to add XF1010A water stage tank in 2004, and authorized RESI to plan and execute the design of soil improvement and foundation construction.
Scope of Work：
• Geotechnical investigation
• Soil improvement and design of foundation
• Purchase of crushed stone
• Soil improvement and efficiency check of stone column
• Ring-wall foundation construction of water storage tank
• Application of construction license and occupancy permit
- Pilot test for soil improvement of dynamic compaction method (DC) and vibroflotation method (VF) stone columnThe project site of CAPCO No.6 PTA PLANT was back filled by dredge sand from seabed, and it had happened liquefaction phenomenon on chi-chi earthquake, 1999.
In order to ensure the security of storage tanks and equipments operation in the future, CAPCO design the pilot test for dynamic compaction and vibroflotation method which executed by CTCI REI. CTCI REI evaluated the efficiency of the soil improvement, and provided the basis for design of main area.
- The work of Soil improvement and foundation constution for water storage tank of CAPCO Taichung plantThe project site of CAPCO Taichung Plant was backfilled by dredge sand from seabed. CAPCO constructed soil improvement of dynamic compaction and vibroflotation method in 2000, the efficiency was very excellent.
CAPCO expected to add XF1010A water stage tank in 2004, and authorized CTCI REI to plan and execute the design of soil improvement and foundation construction.
- The slope repair and construct work of Wulin storage and pumping station for CPC CorporationThe jobsite is located in the south of Taiwan and the main stratum is mudstone of Kutingken Formation. The previously slope structure with complex reinforced geogrids wall had be sliding failure which cause by the mudstone is loose, high erosion and easily slakes with water. CTCI REI was authorized to conduct the repair design and construct work including retaining wall and drainage system. The Slope length about 58m and 16m in height, CTCI REI adopt counterfort retaining walls combined with ground anchors as permanent retaining structure after estimation. In the planning stage, CTCI REI carry on suitability test of ground anchors which including general tension type and multi-stage pressure type, to understand the characteristic of creep, the loss of prestressing force etc.. Finally, the testing result have determined that anchor type, locked stress in order to perform safety design and construct work.
- Geotechnical General Consultancy Services of the No. 6 Naphtha Cracking ProjectIn view of the long-term shor tage of basic petrochemical materials in Taiwan, Formosa Plastics Group announced the Sixth Naphtha Cracking Project in Yunlin County of Mailiao and Haifong on Year 1991. By the way of land reclamation, the project includes an oil refinery plant with annual capacity of 25 million tons of crude oil, naphtha cracking plants for producing 2.94 million tons ethylene per annum, a thermal power plant with a capacity of 3 million kilowatts and other petrochemical plants, heavy machinery plants, a co-generation plant, and the Mailiao Industrial Harbor. The total area of land reclamation is approximate 2,603 hectare, and the total sand amount used in the reclamation was approximate 10,915 m3. CTCI REI was assigned as the Geotechnical General Consultant for the No. 6 Naphtha Cracking Project.
- Settlement analysis and evaluation of monitoring results of storage tanks & equipments in Formosa Industrial ParkFormosa Industrial Park were founded since 1993, the storage tanks and equipments, no matter in ISBL or OSBL of different factory, were set up and have been already operated for a long time. Considering the base was backfilled by dredge sand from seabed, safety problems induced by serious differential settlement on facilities and equipments, are the most deeply concerned about operation and security for all companies of Formosa Plastics Group. In order to understand the settlement situation of facilities, every factory stipulates and handles settlement measurement regularly in accordance with National Safety Specification of Industry & Workers. Furthermore, CTCI REI was authorized to conduct the assessment of examining the measurement data, dangerous potential of foundation inclination accompanied with differential settlement.
- 47 sets sand bed construction work of earth cover tank (ECT) for Formosa Industrial ParkThe Earth Cover Tank is not only prevent petroleum gas volatilize, swell, and blow up but also the safety, economy compare with general spherical type tank. In 1998, Formosa Heavy Industries Corp. contract to build the earth cover tanks for Formosa Plastics Group. It’s entrusting choosing and purchasing of the sand and stone(about 220,000m3), constructing the sand bed of tank, growing of cover(about 51,000m2), water experiment and monitoring for CTCI REI.
- Settlement analysis and evaluation of monitoring in Formosa Industrial ParkFormosa Industrial Park was backfilled by dredge sand from seabed. The loading stress of the storage tanks and equipments and the fish farm draw out ground water will cause the compression of soil layers. In order to understand the settlement situation of drainage, and storage tank, the equipment damaged problems, CTCI REI was authorized to conduct the settlement analysis and evaluation of monitoring.
- Geotechnical investigation and examination of improvement in Formosa Industrial ParkFormosa Industrial Park is located at Mailiao, Yun-Lin County, and the site was backfilled by dredge sand from seabed. The average depth was 4.8 meters and the area was 2,600 hectare for backfilled site. Considering the soil was loose, dynamic compaction, stone column or pre-loading were selected to improve the soil. Those methods can reduce the damage of liquefaction during earthquake, and overcome an apparent tilting or settlement of equipment. In order to understand the test results of soil improvement, it would proceed geotechnical investigation and test before detail design and soil improvement. CTCI REI was authorized to conduct the geotechnical investigation and examination of improvement.
- Emergency Repair Project of S4 Building of Chang Gung Medical FoundationS4 Building of Chang Gung Medical Foundation is located at the border of Linkou terrace, and the reinforced earth wall of down slope under construction occurred slope failure on August 2, 1998. To avoid the slope failure enlarge and endanger the adjacent buildings, the owners constructed retaining piles and pre-stressed anchors at down slope of the building immediately. CTCI REI was commissioned to complete the geological investigation, assessment of failure reason and design of the slope stability plan. After the investigation, it’s found that the reinforced earth wall was located at weak backfill and the embedded length of the reinforced material was not long enough and cause failure.
- The San-Jiang-Kou tunneling work beneath the Yangtze River for the West to East Gas Transmission ProjectThe 4,000 km long West to East Gas Transmission pipeline meanders from Lunnan in Xinjiang Uyghur to Shanghai. The CTCI acquired the general contract of the SJK tunnel design and build work and CTCI REI subcont contracted its detail design and construction supervision jobs.
The SJK tunneling work is the first shield tunnel laid across the Yangtze River. CTCI and RSEI successfully accomplished the work on schedule in spite of the problems of high water pressure and geological complex. CTCI/RSEI demonstrated its superb skill and knowledge with tunneling project and was highly recognized by the project owner.
- Ground Improvement Work of CK570C of Hsin- Chong Line,Taipei MRT systemThe Taipei MRT System Hsin-Chong line is divided into the west bound Hsin-Chong Line and north bound Luzhou Line at the turnout structure by the left side of the Danshui River. Because of the special route plan, the turnout structure shall provide shield tunnel with two TBM launch sites and four arrival-sites to decompose the shield. Because most part of the structure is under the Danshui River and the excavating depth is up to 40m~42m, ground improvements are required for protecting the mirror of the shield tunnel.
- Improving work of the restaurant foundation of Cilan Forest Recreation AreaThe restaurant of Cilan Forest Recreation area (CFEA) is a 2nd building where is located at the deep hill and beside Lanyang River. Because the building has the foundation soil settlement and lose phenomenon. To improve foundation of strata, maintains the building and the visiting a pack public figure safety, the CFRA selected to entrust CTCI REI to pick contains the design and construction series of turnkey way handles this restaurant to betterment work.
- Slope stability and conservation of water and soil for plan and design for Fo Guang ShanA cantilever retaining wall damaged by a heavy rain in July,1992 at north slope of Fo Guang Shan. Fo Guang Shan hoped that the structure rebuild to become artistic and druable. CTCI REI was authorized to plan reinforced slope of seven layers.